MSc in Civil Engineering (By Research)
Take a leadership role in planning, design, risk assessment, contstruction and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure. With in-depth understanding of roads, railways, bridges, tunnels, load-bearing structures and facades, offshores structures, and urban planning, you can even design whole cities.
Programme Educational Objective (PEO)
Specialists who are able to practice the knowledge acquired and generate innovative and creative solution for research and scholarly activities in civil engineering related fields.
Specialists who promotes lifelong learning and are able to contribute to knowledge creation, innovation and creative solutions for the well-being and betterment of societies.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
- Demonstrate continuing and advanced knowledge and have the capabilities to further develop or use these in new situation or multi-disciplinary contexts.
- Analyse and evaluate problems in the civil engineering discipline critically particularly in situations with limited information.
- Appraise available information and research evidence and apply it in the civil engineering context.
- Plan and perform research undertakings professionally, ethically and responsibly.
- Report technical findings in both written and oral forms.
- Recognise the needs for continuing professional development.
- Evaluate problems and provide solutions through the application of appropriate tools and techniques in civil engineering.
- Structural Engineering
- Offshore Structures
- Highway & Transportation Design
- Environmental Engineering and Management
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Construction and Project Management
What will I learn?
Graduates will acquire and apply engineering fundamentals to complex civil engineering problems. You will also investigate complex engineering problems using research based knowledge and methods.
Full Time : 2 - 4 years
Part Time : 3 - 6 years
Check out Entry Requirements Here!
How will it improve my career prospects?
Move up the ladder in your current organisation, transition to a new career, or lead your own company. The MSc in Civil Engineering is your professional launch pad to a world of infinite possibilities.
Dr. Lavania A/P Baloo