Research Attachment Programme
Research Attachment Programme offers students an opportunity to experience cutting-edge research centres available at UTP. Our state-of the-art research and development facilities make UTP an excellent choice.
As a research student, you will:
- Embark your journey minimum of 8 weeks or more in UTP research centres
- Experience a global research-based internship with leading and prominent researchers.
- Supervised and led by prominent researchers and work in any of the cutting-edge research areas available at UTP.
- Have access to excellent research facilities (i.e. laboratories, equipment, software, etc.)
All participants will receive a transcript upon completion of the programme.
- Open for all full time undergraduate or postgraduate student in their Home University with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent
- Fulfill English requirements (for non-English speaking countries):
i. A minimum IELTS score of 5.0 OR
ii. A minimum TOEFL PBT score 500 OR
iii. A minimum TOEFL iBT score of 59 OR
iv. A minimum TOEFL CBT score of 173 OR
- Financially stable and afford to support the whole cost incurred during the programme
- Nominated by Home University
- Excellent co-curricular and good disciplinary record
|Semester||Intake||Application Open||Application Close||Start Date||Arrival Date|
|January 2020||1st : January||2 Sep 2019||1 Oct 2019||-||-|
|||2nd : March||18 Nov 2019||18 Dec 2019||2 March 2020|
26 Feb 2020
28 Feb 2020
|May 2020||1st : May||2 Jan 2020||3 Feb 2020||4 May 2020|
27 Apr 2020
29 Apr 2020
|||2nd : July||2 March||1 Apr 2020||1 July 2020|
26 Jun 2020
29 Jun 2020
|September 2020||1st : September||4 May 2020||1 Jun 2020||26 Aug 2020|
20 Aug 2020
22 Aug 2020
|||2nd : November ||1 July 2020||3 Aug 2020||2 Nov 2020|
28 Oct 2020
30 Oct 2020
Deadline & Duration (Semester January 2020/ Intake Mac):
- Confirmation of placement and supervisor.
- Submit required documents for admission and Visa application.
|18/11 – 2/12|
- Document review and request for correction
- Submit health declaration form
- Confirm the location of nearest Malaysian Embassy Office to obtain Single Entry Visa (SEV)
Applicant with incomplete documents will be considered for next intake.
- Creation of online Visa application account
- Obtain EMGS Proforma Invoice and
- Pay for Visa and admission fee
- Submit proof of payment
- Process of payment verification by EMGS
|11/1 – 20/1|
- Process of document verification by EMGS
|21/1 – 30/1|
- Application endorsement by Immigration Department
|3/2 – 17/2|
- Obtain Visa Approval Letter (e-VAL)
- Apply for Single Entry Visa (SEV) at nearest Malaysia Embassy Office (if require, based on nationality)
|19/2 – 22/2|
- Confirmation of accommodation, travel date and return date.
|23/2 – 25/2|
- Print and show the e-VAL, SEV and UTP-RAP offer letter to Immigration officer at Malaysia Airport.
- Make sure you obtain Special Pass (SP) stamp in your passport which valid for 14 to 30 days.
- EMGS post medical screening
- Attend orientation programme
|2/3 – 7/3|
- Submit passport to convert SEV to Multiple Entry Visa (MEV).
- i-Kad – 1 week after convert to MEV
- Medical card – 2 week after convert to MEV
- Submit research plan with Gantt chart
- Submit passport and return flight ticket to shorten student pass.
|2 weeks before depart|
- Obtain invoice and pay accommodation fee.
|2 weeks before depart|
- Submit clearance form.
- Return the hostel key – student must check out from hostel on working day only.
|2 weeks before depart|
- Submit UTP-RAP Survey Form and receive certificate of completion.
STEP 1 – APPLYING THROUGH YOUR HOME UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
Application can be made through Home University's International Office or Mobility Coordinator and details shall be provided via email.
STEP 2 – SUPERVISOR
Find and secure placement with potential UTP Supervisor.
UTP Supervisor to fill in the UTP Supervisor Acceptance Form.
STEP 3 – SUBMIT APPLICATION
Student to submit all the required document for admission and Student Pass Visa application.
- Nomination Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Transcript
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Student Matric Card
- Passport Photo – Get photo verification via this link: EMGS Online Photo Checker & Guidelines
- Confirmation Letter
- EMGS Health Declaration Form
- Supervisor Acceptance Form
Refer to Document Checklist & Guidelines and Sample of Required Document.
Issuance of electronic visa approval letter (VAL) would take about 2 – 3 months after student have submitted all the required document (including proof of payment).
Do not purchase flight ticket before getting Visa Approval Letter (VAL).
Please be informed that the Student Pass Visa application only will be submitted to EMGS after all submission of required documents are completed.
STEP 4 – UTP RAP OFFER LETTER
UTP will review the document and issue an offer letter. Then, student profile will be registered with Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) system for Student Pass Visa application.
*Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) is a company limited by guarantee, incorporated under the laws of Malaysia and wholly owned by the Ministry of Higher Education. EMGS provides convenient, fast and professional services to global students who choose Malaysia as a study destination.
STEP 5 – PAYMENT FOR VISA APPLICATION
Student to pay admission and Student Pass Visa processing fee. The invoice and notice of payment will be sent to student after student profile has been registered in EMGS system.
The estimated cost as follows:
|PAY TO EMGS|
|1.||Processing Fee ||250.00||250.00||250.00||250.00|
|2.||Medical Screening Fee ||250.00||250.00||250.00||250.00|
|3.||Health Insurance – AXA* ||183.34||320.84||458.35||550.00|
|5.||e-VAL Processing Fee ||150.00||150.00||150.00||150.00|
|6.||6% Service Tax (item 1 & 5) – 400*6% ||24.00||24.00||24.00||24.00|
|Total Payment to EMGS ||907.34||1,044.84||1,182.35||1,274.00|
|PAY TO UTP|
|1.||Post Arrival Visa Processing Fee ||120.00||120.00||120.00||120.00|
|2.||Administrative Fee ||216.60||216.60||216.60||216.60|
| ||Total Payment to UTP ||336.60||336.60||336.60||336.60|
|GRAND TOTAL ||1,243.94||1,381.44||1,518.95||1,610.60|
*May varies depending on duration of stay. Every student entering Malaysia using Student Pass Visa will be covered by a medical health insurance scheme under EMGS.
UTP do not provide any financial support for incoming students.
STEP 6 – APPROVAL FOR STUDENT PASS VISA APPLICATION
Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) will review the documents twice. If there is no correction required, it will be submitted to Immigration Malaysia for the issuance of Visa Approval Letter (VAL).
STEP 7 – SINGLE ENTRY VISA
Student need to bring VAL to the nearest Malaysia Embassy Office/ Consulate to obtain Single Entry Visa (SEV) to get permission to enter Malaysia (depends on nationality).
STEP 8 – CONFIRMATION OF TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
Student to confirm travel arrangement, flight ticket details and accommodation with UTP. It is advisable for student to follow the proposed airport pickup schedule by UTP.
UTP will reserve a room upon request and availability. The payment can be made once student arrive on campus. The room detail is as follows:
|RM 475.00||RM 167.50||RM 50.50|
The room fee is MYR 475/monthly. However, if student stay less than a month (week/day) or wish to extend your stay exceeding month, the weekly/daily charge will be imposed.
STEP 9 - POST-ARRIVAL MEDICAL SCREENING
Student is required to undergo a medical screening at EMGS nominated clinic within 7 days of arrival date.
STEP 10 – CONFIRMATION & CONVERSION OF STUDENT PASS VISA/MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA
Student to submit passport to UTP Student Mobility Office after pass the health screening.
If you wish to cancel your participation, please email directly to coordinator your personal details such as Full Name, Home University, Passport Number, Telephone Number and state your valid reason(s).
Any cancellation without valid reason & less than 1 month prior to programme date is non-refundable
Coordinator for Research Attachment Programme
Call: (+6) 05 368 8397
Khairul Anam Che Mat
Call: (+6) 05 368 8398
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org