Open for all undergraduate student to become as an exchange student with minimum of one to two semesters (maximum of 12 months) with our partner universities/institutions around the globe.
NEW! Student is entitled for credit transfer for equivalent courses provided that the student obtained the minimum score of 'Grade C' and above at Host University/Institution.
Previous practice of applying for course exemption is no longer available effective on June 2021.
Eligible students entitled to get financial assistance from Yayasan UTP (YUTP) up to 90%. Terms and conditions from YUTP will be apply.
All participants completing the designated programme content will be awarded a certificate and transcript upon completion of the programme from Host University.
SEP Additional Info / FAQs: REFER HERE
NEW! Factsheet by Partner for Fall Semester 2022
Student may apply for minimum of 1-2 semester (maximum of 12 months) for exchange programme.
Application will be open twice every year; either January or September Semester only.
June of previous year
February (evey year)
1. Open for all full time undergraduate (not applicable for RAP) or postgraduate student.
Open for undergraduate student starting from 2nd year until before going internship.
2. Minimum CGPA of 2.75 or 3.00 for student who want to apply for YUTP Financial Assistance.
3. Fulfil English requirements:
Minimum IELTS score of 5.0 / CEFR B1 OR - a minimum TOEFL PBT (410– 413) / IBT (34) OR
Minimum Cambridge English: Advance (CAE) (160) / CEFR B2 / CPE (180) OR
Minimum of Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) (180) / CEFR C1 OR
Minimum Pearson Test of English (PTE) score 36 OR
Minimum MUET (Malaysian University English Test) Band 3
4. No financial outstanding, satisfactory financial ability for the whole duration of the programme.
5. Not undergoing Student Industrial Internship Programme (SIIP) during programme duration.
6. Excellent in Co-Curricular and have good disciplinary record.
7. Student may seek other sources of sponsors beyond YUTP & Tabung Amanah Zakat UTP (for Muslim only).
8. Pass UTP Selection Interview session.
9. Nominated by UTP.
1. Apply through online application. Complete your online application here: bit.ly/SEP-Outbound
2. Submit required documents:
Passport-size photo with white background (in JPEG format)
Scanned Copy of Approved Learning Agreement (In PDF format)
Updated Curriculum Vitae with maximum 2 pages only (In PDF format)
Latest academic transcript (In PDF format)
Proof of parent/guardian financial ability – for YUTP Financial Assistance applicants only
3. Shortlisted students will be called for interview.
4. Waiting for announcement of Interview Result. Successful candidates name will be submitted for approval to UTP management. Upon approval, the names will be submitted to International Office of Host University.
5. Upon approval by management, Host University will issue an Acceptance Letter/Package. Host University coordinator will contact student with further instructions.
6. Students may begin with pre-arrangement upon getting the Acceptance Letter, student are required to attend pre-departure briefing and submit required documents to Student Mobility Office, CSD:
Host University admission letter
A copy of Visa/passport
Return flight ticket
A copy of health insurance
A copy of travel insurance
UTP Letter of Indemnity and Undertaking
YUTP Letter of Undertaking - for YUTP Financial Assistance Scheme applicants only
7. Programme Execution - Student undergo outbound student exchange programme.
8. Post programme - To apply for credit transfer, student need to submit:
Academic transcript from Host University / Institution
Approved Post-SEP Learning Agreement
Photos/videos of your exchange journey
May varies based on the location and Host Institutions Admission Fees.
The tuition fees to Host Institution is waived however; student needs to pay for the tuition fee at UTP for all registered courses during the exchange programme period.
Coordinator for Student Exchange Programme
Last updated: November 2021