Yayasan UTP Prestigious Scholarship (Postgraduate)
Recognised as elite and the most lucrative, this scholarship is awarded to the 'creme de la creme' amongst highly intellectual students who have achieved excellent results in academics and demonstrate outstanding characteristics in leadership and civic consciousness through extra-curricular activities and community service, among others.
This prestigious scholarship is aimed at rewarding students for their outstanding achievements and motivating them to further excel in their lives.
- Not a holder of any scholarship award
- Obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.25 in Bachelor's Degree & CGPA 3.25 (coursework/mix-mode) or at least one (1) published article in a peer-reviewed journal (research mode) for Master's Degree
- Demonstrate a continuing involvement in extra-curricular activities (i.e. team or individual sports; voluntary service; affiliation with a recognised association or society) as well as special achievements in academics, social work or similar contributions
- Possess strong appreciation and appetite for current affairs (i.e. general knowledge of Malaysia's constitutional and legal framework, economic levers, government initiatives and nation-building philosophies)
Please note that the scholarship application for this programme is temporarily unavailable.
Yayasan UTP Scholarship (Undergraduate)
This scholarship is awarded to deserving students who have achieved excellent results in their academics and demonstrate commendable characteristics and civic consciousness through extra-curricular activities and community service, among others.
- Achieved straight A's in SPM
- Household income of RM4,000 or below
- Active in extra-curricular activities
Applications must be submitted via the
PETRONAS Education Sponsorship portal. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Yayasan UTP Education Grant
The Yayasan UTP Education Grant is a financial assistance programme to finance the tuition fees of outstanding students from low to middle-income families in recognition of their academic achievements.
Duration of sponsorship: 5 years
Award: Full tuition fees up to RM100,000 / Partial tuition fees up to RM50,000
- Malaysian citizen
Not a holder of any other scholarship award
17 – 21 years old
Monthly household income of not more than RM10,000
Obtained a minimum of 8A- in SPM (including Grade A- in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English) or;
- O-Level (minimum Grade B in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English) or;
- Matriculation/Foundation – minimum CGPA 3.50 or;
- STPM – minimum CGPA 3.50 (at least Grade A- in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) or;
- A-Level – at least Grade B (equivalent GPA 3.70) in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or;
- International Baccalaureate - minimum point 33 (at least Point 5 in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) or;
- Diploma – minimum CGPA 3.50 (at least Grade B in Mathematics at SPM)
- Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA)
- Cambridge Personal Styles Questionnaires (CPSQ)
- Verbal Communication Assessment (VCA)
- Possess strong leadership skill
Compulsory documents to be uploaded:
- Copy of applicant's Identification Card
- Latest academic qualification results
- Parents' salary or income proof
Opening date: January, May & September
Deadline: 31 May 2021
Bursary (Student Support Fund)
The Student Support Fund provides
one-off financial assistance to students in need to ensure financial pressures and unmet needs do not affect their academic performance.
- Has completed at least one (1) semester at UTP
- Open to PTPTN or self-sponsored students ONLY
- Good disciplinary record
- Obtained a minimum GPA of 2.75 for the immediate past semester
Each student is entitled to
one financial assistance award for the entire study period in UTP. Application for this fund must be made through UTP Centre for Student Experience. Kindly contact Ms Sakinah (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.