This programme focuses on providing sound knowledge and
expertise in enterprise resource planning. systems analysis and design methods,
database management systems and business applications with opportunities of taking
Field Electives in Data Analytics, Cyber Security, Enterprise Systems and Software
Quality. Throughout the programme there is also emphasis on ways to control and manage
appropriate software in order to support organisational decision-making and to
communicate effectively in commercial and business environment. Students are equipped
with relevant information systems concepts and tools to take on the challenges of the
global business scenario via the minor electives offered – corporate management,
financial management or international relations.
In later years of study, students will have the opportunity to major in one of these
Programme Educational Objectives
- Professionals who apply knowledge of Information Systems (IS) and emerging technologies to
provide solutions and services to various industries and the society.
- Professionals who integrate values, attitudes, professionalism and social responsibilities in
- Professionals who adapt the role as leaders by effectively communicating and collaborating with
peers to develop scientific solution to solve complex IS issues and problems.
- Professionals who practice continual career development and entrepreneurial skills through
lifelong learning and innovative management of emerging global information systems and
- Apply IS knowledge and management sciences to provide business application solutions to the
industry and society.
- Construct IS models and framework by employing best practices to develop business solutions.
- Demonstrate social skills and responsibilities for the well-being of the society.
- Demonstrate high ethical values, accountability and professionalism.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills to lead and contribute in diverse
- Provide practical solutions to IS issues and problems utilizing scientific approach and
- Manage information and resources sustainably by demonstrating lifelong learning skills.
- Practice entrepreneurial and good managerial skills.
In order to graduate with the Bachelor of Information Systems with Honours, students are required to
obtain a minimum of
123 credit hours. and a minimum CGPA of 2.00/4.00
Summary of Courses Required for Graduation
Course Group (G)
Number of Credit Hours
|NR - National Requirement
|UR - University Requirement
|CT - Core Technology
|CD - Core Discipline
|CI - Core Industrial
|FE - Field Elective
|EM – Minor Electives