Become an Adjunct Lecturer
Eligibility / Criteria to be our Adjunct lecturer:
- An industrial practitioner but with a minimum qualification of an Honours Bachelor degree or relevant professional qualifications with a minimum experience of 10 years.
- The appointment duration is TWO (2) years and Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS may consider an extension of his/her term period.
- Candidates could be Malaysian or international citizen but must be from locally based company. Proposed overseas candidate must get strong justification and recommendation from Head of Department and subject to Head of CAdEX approval.
- Appointment of Adjunct Lecturer is subjected to Adjunct Lecture Committee Approval.
Roles and responsibilities:
- A minimum of TWO (2) hours per visit. If teaching days are more than 3 days, course lecturer has to provide justification and get endorsement from Head of Department prior approval by DVCA.
- Impart their professional industrial experience to complement/improve the existing University’s curriculum to prepare students to the actual industrial expectations.
- Give talks/lectures/seminars to students, staff and other PETRONAS employees.
- Encouraged to identify and assist in research projects
- Assist in collaboration with the industry where Adjunct Lecturer’s area of expertise or other related industries both local and abroad.
- Encouraged to co-supervise at least ONE (1) PhD student.
4. Promotion of UTP
- Enhance industry-university partnership and broaden networking between industry-university.
- Introduce at least ONE (1) new industry for collaboration and internship placement.
5. Render expertise in the consultancy work undertaken by UTP.
6. Perform any other appropriate duties as determined/requested by the university.
Contact us for details:
Assoc. Prof. Dr Nurhayati Mellon (CEng MIChemE)
Head, Centre for Academic Excellence (CAdEX)
Tel: +605 368 8355