UTP 16th Academic Advisory Council (AAC) Meeting
(15-16 August 2018)
UTP Academic Advisory Council (AAC) is a forum for exchange of ideas between the university and eminent scholars.
The council is responsible to guide and provide strategic direction for the development of the University to be in tandem with the University's vision, mission and aspiration towards global prominence.
The theme for this year's meeting is "The emerging future and sustainability of Higher Education".
AAC members who were present for the two-day meeting were:
1. Professor Emeritus Tan Sri Dr Zakri Abdul Hamid, Chairman of the Board of Directors, University of Malaya
2. Tan Sri Dato' Azman Hashim, Chairman, AmBank Malaysia and Pro Chancellor, Open University Malaysia
3. Mr Briand Greer, President, ASEAN Region, Honeywell International Inc.
4. Professor Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Laureate, Founder of Grameen Bank and Yunus Centre
5. Professor Abid Khan Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice President (Global Engagement) Monash University, Australia
6. Professor Choi Han Suk, Professor of Graduate School of Engineering Mastership, Pohang University of Science and Technology, South Korea
7. Professor Dr Reiko Kuroda, Professor, Research Institute for Science & Technology, Tokyo University of Science
8. Professor Feng Da Shuan, Special Advisor to the Rector and Director of the Global Affairs Office, University of Macau and Senior Fellow, Institute of Advanced Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
9. Professor Dr Michael A. Celia, Director, Princeton Environmental Institute & Theodora Shelton Pitney Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Princeton University, USA
10. Professor Dr Deo Karan Prasad, Chief Executive Officer CRC for Low Carbon Living Ltd, University of New South Wales, Australia
11. Dr David Wood, Futurist, UK Management Consulting, London