More than 1,400 Experts Convene at Congress
(30 May 2016)
Research and development experts from more than 50 countries will congregate to brainstorm and share ideas towards a more sustainable future at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre from August 15 to 17 this year.
Together with government officials and industry players, they will put their minds to create, innovate and generate new ideas on making the world a better place for humanity.
ESTCON2016, the fourth biennial congress, promises to be the biggest and best yet, with this year’s theme of Engineering, Science, Technology and Humanities: Convergence for a Sustainable Future.
“ESTCON2016 would address global trends and challenges that cannot be solved by any one group on its own, but must be done in a concerted effort,” said Datuk Ir (Dr) Abdul Rahim Hashim UTP Vice Chancellor cum ESTCON2016 Chairman during the soft launch of the congress on 30 May 2016.
Also present were Mark Rozario, Agensi Inovasi Malaysia Chief Executive Officer as well as ESTCON2016 partners and sponsors.
The honour of organising this prestigious event is proudly led by Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) with the support from Ministry of Higher Education, Ministry of Science and Technology and Yayasan UTP, while the main partners for exhibition are PlaTCOM Ventures Sdn Bhd and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation.
More than 1,400 speakers and delegates will converge to this event with an anticipated 3,000 turnout from universities, industries and the general public.
This premier congress in the Asian region will continue to emphasise the importance of innovation, creativity and commercialisation.
This year, ESTCON will feature Innovation Pitching, a session to facilitate commercialization opportunities. This session will allow inventors to pitch their new technologies to potential investors thus connecting researchers and inventors to the right investors and business partners. It will also create opportunities to increase varsity revenues and provide job opportunities for the community.
ESTCON2016 is the world’s biggest congress with nine conferences running in parallel, namely:
- International Conference on Integrated Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences (ICIPEG2016)
- International Conference on Civil, Offshore & Environmental Engineering (ICCOEE2016)
- International Conference on Production, Energy and Reliability (ICPER2016)
- International Conference on Process Engineering and Advanced Materials (ICPEAM2016)
- International Conference on Intelligent and Advanced Systems (ICIAS2016)
- International Conference on Computer & Information Sciences (ICCOINS2016)
- International Conference on Fundamental and Applied Sciences (ICFAS2016)
- International Conference on Leadership and Management (ICLM2016) and
- International Conference on Humanities and Social Sciences (ICHSS2016)
There are a wide range of programmes including topics such as leadership, innovation, entrepreneurship and finance to technical topics of exploration, nanotechnology, green computing, environmental & water resource engineering, infra-structure, geo technology and transportation engineering.
ESTCON2016 keynote speakers will be Datuk Wan Zulkiflee Wan Ariffin, PETRONAS President and Group Chief Executive Officer and Professor Jackie Y. Ying, Executive Director, Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Singapore.