- How do I register for courses?
Answer: Every semester exam unit will make announcement through e-learning and academic department on the registration date and just follow the URL links.
- Who is my academic advisor?
Answer: Contact the academic executive to find out about your academic advisor. Apart from your academic advisor, you can freely discuss your academic matters with other faculty members too.
- What is a credit hour?
Answer: A credit hour is a weightage given to a course based on the number of hours per week of lectures, tutorials or laboratory week. A typical 3 credit-hour course means you have to attend 3 hour of lectures, or 2 hour of lectures plus 2 hour of tutorials/laboratory.
- Where can I find the syllabus for my courses?
Answer: Your course lecturer will provide you with the relevant course syllabus. Additionally, you can refer to your undergraduate handbook or you can contact department academic executive or assistant.
- How do I find out which books to buy for my courses?
Answer: You can contact your course lecturers to find out books recommended by them for their courses.
- How do I purchase textbooks and materials for my courses?
Answer: Most books are available at the university book store, and alternatively you can also buy the used one from your seniors.
- When does the semester begin and end?
Answer: Semester generally starts in late July lasting until early December and late January until end of May.
- Where are my classes held?
Answer: Class venue depends on your class size. Typically it will at Pocket C, Pocket D for lecture theaters and smaller room in Academic Block 22 and 23.
- How do I contact a student, staff member or professor?
Answer: Such information is available on the departmental website.
- How do I access the Academic and/or University Calendar?
Answer: Normally it will be posted in the e-learning. But you need an ID to access.
- Where do I get my computer logins and passwords for on-campus computers, e-mail, and e-learning?
Answer: During “MHS Week” IT Department will distribute all ID to new student. For on-campus student can access the computer using “Guest login”, no password required.
- How many absences from class are allowed?
Answer: The attendance requirement is 90% and you have to show a proof of MC in the case of medical.
Dr Nor Hisham
Salina Binti Mat Nawi