1. How do I register for courses?
Answer : Every semester the exam unit will make an announcement through e-learning and the office of the respective academic departments on the registration date. Links will be provided on e-learning to ensure a smooth registration process.
2. Who is my academic advisor?
Answer : It has been the practice for an academic staff to be assigned to students as advisors. Nevertheless, students are encouraged to approach any academic staff or academic executives for assistance on academic matters.
3. What is a credit hour?
Answer: A credit hour is a weightage given to a course based on the number of hours per week of lectures, tutorials or laboratory week. A typical 3 credit-hour course means you have to attend 3 hour of lectures, or 2 hour of lectures plus 2 hour of tutorials/laboratory.
4. Where can I find the syllabus for my courses?
Answer : You can refer to your Undergraduate handbook. You may also refer to the respective department heads, course lecturers or academic executives.
5. How do I find out what books to buy for my courses?
Answer : Your lecturers will advice you on the materials needed for the courses.
6. Where are my classes held?
Answer: We will assign you to an appropriate venue depending on your class size. All classes are normally held in the academic complex.
7. How do I contact a staff member?
Answer: The department website contains contact details of all staff.
8. How many absences from class are allowed?
Answer: The attendance requirement is 90%. If you are unwell, you will need to submit evidence of your health condition by providing your lecturers with the Medical Certificate (MC).
9. If I am an engineering student, how many M&H credit hours must I complete in order to graduate?
Answer: If you are an engineering student, you must complete 26 credit hours in order to graduate.
10. What kind of elective courses can I register for if I am an engineering student?
Answer: For the engineering student the electives courses that you can register are as below:-
11. If I am an ICT or BIS student, how many M&H credit hours must I complete in order to graduate?
Answer: If you are an ICT student, you must complete 44 credit hours in order to graduate while for BIS student is 59 credit hours.
12. What kind of elective courses can I register for if I am an ICT or BIS student?
Answer: For ICT and BIS student, there are two minor electives that you can choose whether it is SET 1 for Financial Management electives or SET 2 Corporate Management electives.
If you have any other questions about Management and Humanities Department contact our:-
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
DR AZRAI HJ ABDULLAH
LILY IDAYU ABDUL LATIF