- To be partner of choice worldwide in EOR Research and Development.
- To be recognized as leading R&D institution on advanced EOR Fluids.
- To be acknowledged as expert in Reservoir Modeling and Characterization for EOR applications.
Enhanced Oil Recovery is defined by EOR experts as any method that increases oil production by using techniques or materials that are not part of normal pressure maintenance or waterflooding operations. EOR MOR group follows this definition in research carried out by its team members. The main research areas are Enhancement of Reservoir Rock and Fluid Characterization, EOR screening and modeling, New and Novel Technologies like nano-enhanced EOR and EOR Agent Injection. The team gives priority to enhancement of WAG applications by implementing modified chemicals synthesized from local sources and nano materials developed by UTP researchers.
- Simulation of Injectivity Characteristics During WAG Process
- Mathematical Modeling of Steam-Alkaline-Gas (SAG) Injection
- Synthesis and characterization of a polymeric smart surfactant for enhanced oil recovery purposes
- Development of a new alkaline smart surfactant acid flooding formulation for enhanced oil recovery
- Development of a graft polymer for enhanced oil recovery
- Development of a biopolymers for enhanced oil recovery
- Development of new EOR methods with the application of EM waves and nano particles
- Understanding the effects of Asphaltene presence on multi-phase relative permeability characteristics.
- Understanding the effects of different injection schemes and displacement efficiency during WAG injection