Final Call for Paper Submission, 28th February 2010”
All papers will be peer-reviewed and selected for publication in Journal of Applied Sciences.
Journal of Applied Sciences is a refereed journal, abstracted/indexed in:
Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, UTP Chancellor
(Former Prime Minister of Malaysia)
Prof Morgan Heikal
Centre of Automotive Engineering,
University of Brighton, UK.
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Franz Heitmeir
Institute for Thermal Turbomachinery and Machine Dynamics,
Graz University for Technology.
Dr. Khazali Haji Mohd Zain
Chairman of Technical Committee of Malaysian NDT and Welding and Allied Processes Standards
“Sustainable Future: Enhancing Plant Performance and Reliability”
CALL FOR PAPERS
The International Conference on Plant Equipment and Reliability 2010 (ICPER2010) is the second international conference organised by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) upon the success of ICPER2008 which was held on 27th - 28th March 2008 at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, Selangor. ICPER has now become a biennial event for the Department of Mechanical Engineering. It is aimed at bringing together researchers and industrial practitioners under one roof to share their knowledge and experience in the development of plant equipment, their reliability and other related areas.
ICPER2010 will be held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre from 15th to 17th June 2010. The theme of the conference is “Sustainable Futures: Enhancing Plant Performance and Reliability” which encapsulates the need to sustain operation and management of plants and refineries in the new millennium.
Who should attend?
- Local authority officers
- Policy makers & legislators
- To provide a forum for discussion for engineers, scientist, academics, executives and managers involved in the areas of plant equipment and reliability.
- To update participants with the latest research and best practices in the related fields.
- To provide an opportunity for business networking and potential employment in the related industries.
- Design and development
- Static equipment
- Rotating equipment
Plant Integrity & Reliability
- Erosion & corrosion assessment
- Life cycle assessment
- Failure & root cause analysis
Inspection, Maintenance & Operations
- Risk-based inspection (RBI)
- Reliability-centered maintenance (RCM)
- Safety, health and environment
Materials & Manufacturing
- New & functional materials
- Failure analysis
- Manufacturing processes
- Rapid prototyping, tooling, & manufacturing
- Welding technology
Energy & Fuel Technology
- Energy: recovery, efficiency, & management
- Renewable energy: solar, wind, wave, & biomass
- Combustion technologies
- Biofuels / bioenergy